Pintastic People: Jeanne Chan

A new series highlighting some of my favorite pinners. I've had the opportunity to meet a few of these amazing people in person and others I've simply admired from afar. But, they all have one thing in common, they have an amazing ability for curating beautiful boards on Pinterest.

Jeanne of Shop Sweet Things was one of the first bloggers I had the pleasure of meeting when I moved to the Bay Area and she was the perfect introduction to the city. One of the sweetest women I have ever met, she is also a super smart businesswomen and cute to boot. When it comes to Pinterest, Jeanne curates some of the chicest boards around, Below she answers a few of my questions about her enviable style, preparing for her 2nd little one and what she loves most about Pinning & Blogging.



How did you get started on pinterest?
I remember Victoria Smith (SF Girl By Bay) talking about Pinterest on her blog and it got me curious, so I signed up and started using it right away.

You also have your successful blog Shop Sweet Things, how does pinterest effect your blogging
Pinterest affects my blogging in several ways. First, it helps me discover new brands, products and even ideas (like DIYs or recipes) where I can introduce to my blog readers. Second, it's a place where I collect inspirations if I am working on a specific project. For example, I recently redesigned my site and I used Pinterest as my mood board to collect colors, types and designs that inspired me. And third, I felt that Pinterest has encouraged me to create more creative & original contents for my blog. 

What are 3 of your favorite pins from this week?
Ooooh, that's a tough one, I have so many! 1,2 ,3.

What are a few of your favorite sites to find source materiel for your blog and pinterest?
I don't have any particular site where I often pin from. I actually do a lot of repinning and it really helps me discover new sites. And often, one site leads to another and if I find cool discoveries then I'll pin it to my Pinterest or showcase it on my blog. 

What do you do when not pinning or blogging?
I would spend time with my 2 year old daughter, yoga, read a book, or catch up on Keeping Up With The Kardashians - I'm kinda obsessed with them, Kourtney is my favorite. :) 

You have an adorable daughter and another wee one on the way, how do they effect your blogging?
It had certainly forced me to work effectively and prioritize my time better. I have a pretty ambitious personality and I constantly have ideas popping up for my blog and I want to get it done fast... but with a kid and being pregnant, that's pretty difficult. So lately, I've realized that it's ok to go at my own pace and knowing when to stop working. 

As a super stylish mom, what are your top 3 product picks to stay chic?
I love a cool watch and I wear this Le Mer watch almost all the time. A nice stylish blazer, I recently got this Rachel Comey blazer and been wearing it everywhere I go. And lastly, this is not so much a product, but a nice haircut makes all the difference. 

What is your current dream vacation?
I recently did a guest post about this on Apartment 34 as well. :) Aside from that, the other place I really want to take my next vacation is Hong Kong. It's where I'm from but I haven't been back in a few years, so I dying to go back for a visit. It's the ultimate shopping and dining destination! 

Hong Kong image via Melody Kim

Who are a few of your favorite pinners?
Jennifer Chong, Bonnie Tsang, Mrs. French, Kirsten Grove, Wit & Delight, Miles to Styles, Happy Mundane, Aaron de Simone and you, of course! 


5 comments:

  1. yay! love jeanne, i am jealous that i can't be in the bay to hang out with your girls more often!

    thanks for the shout out jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all wish you were in the Bay more as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an honored to be here, Maia! Many thanks again for featuring me and my Pinterest boards! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Great post. Thanks for sharing Jeanne.

    -Tara
    http://madmaxandfamily.blogspot.com
    http://blog.chron.com/madabouttown/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Jeanne is awesome and this is a great interview (and series)! I have to say I have found many (new to me) blogs via Pinterest; It really is such a great resource for inspiration and blog discovery. Thanks for sharing this information, Jeanne and Maia!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

quantcast

2012. Powered by Blogger.

analyticstracking.php

conundrum All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger