DIY: Globe Ornament

The holidays always bring a flurry of DIY projects around my house and I thought I would share a few of my favorites. This globe ornament is one I've been doing since I was a little girl, I learned it from my close friend Sofie, who for awhile made kits and sold them at our school's Holiday faire. Such a little entrepreneur even then :) They are super easy to make and can be made in countless colors and designs. See instructions below.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Decorative paper
Compass
Glue
Scissors

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Choose a decorative paper. You want something fairly lightweight that will be easy to fold.
2. On the wrong side of the paper (the side without a design on it) draw 8 circles with your compass.
3. Within the bounds of each circle, draw an equilateral triangle. The points of the triangle should just touch the circle edge.
4. Cut out each circle.
5. fold along the sides of the triangles.
6. Place glue on the 3 small, semicircles created by the fold.
7. press the semicircles together, going around in a circle. 4 circles on top, and 4 circles on bottom. (See pictures if this step is confusing).

Voila! You now have a globe that can be strung on string lights, hung on the tree or simply set out on display.




No Response to "DIY: Globe Ornament"

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

quantcast

2012. Powered by Blogger.

analyticstracking.php

conundrum All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger