Pintastic People: Caitlin Flemming

For today's Pintastic People post I got to chat with the always charming Caitlin Flemming of Sacramento Street. I've been overjoyed to get to know Caitlin over the last year and always find her endlessly inspiring. And her pinterest boards are no different, chock full of beautiful and impeccably curated imagery I can easily get lost scrolling through her pins for hours. Below she answers my questions about pinterest, blogging, and the many hats she wears.



How did you get started on pinterest?
A few years ago, Victoria from sfgirlbybay, reached out to me to see if I'd want to be one of the first hundred people to be part of a Pinterest campaign. To be honest, at first I didn't know what to think - I had the blog, twitter, tumblr and a full-time job so I didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to it at first. But then I became addicted and ditched my tumblr account for Pinterest.

You also have your successful blog Sacramento Street, how does pinterest effect your blogging?
If you look at Sacramento Street and my Pinterest page you'll see that the aesthetic is very similar. I think of it as of an extension of Sacramento Street - a place where readers can see more of what I'm loving but know that I'm staying within my brand. Pinterest has allowed me to give my readers more and in return has brought me new readers.

What are 3 of your favorite pins from this week?
Alright, that's a hard one to answer . . . I'd say this living room, this street style image, and this incredible door handle.



What are a few of your favorite sites to find source material for your blog and pinterest?
There isn't one specific site that I go to in order to get inspired. There are a lot of individuals on Pinterest that are my go-to people for inspiration.

Your blog Sacramento Street is one of my all time favorite blogs, that I've been reading for years, what made you want to start blogging?
Honestly, I wanted a place to call my own. I've always been a creative person and saw all these talented women starting their own sites and blogs. It was right before my birthday back in 2009 that I finally got the courage to start Sacramento Street. At first it was hard because I didn't consider myself a writer by any means but once I was able to find my voice it felt like the right choice and I've never looked back. My husband Eric thought it would last six weeks - I definitely proved him wrong.

To me your blog is all about living with impeccable style, who or what are some of your biggest style influences?
I get inspired in a lot of difference ways - traveling, magazines, Pinterest, local creatives and also by walking around my own city and neighborhood. It's amazing what I find just outside my door sometimes. For design, it doesn't necessarily come from one particular design, but rather looking inside other creative’s homes. I feel as though lived in spaces have so many more stories to tell. As for fashion, I'd have to say street style photography from Paris or London. The women's effortless elegance always gets me and I'm all about simplicity being chic - I'm not the flashy type.

You are also a talented interior designer and stylist, what do you love most about creating a space from scratch?
There's nothing more exciting than a blank palate that needs a lot of love. I love working with clients on creating a spaces that speaks to them and their needs - I want them to use the room.

And do you use Pinterest and blogging to help inspire your work? If so how?
YES! Since I work in a creative field I'm constantly looking for inspiration for different projects. It's been an amazing tool to use with clients as well. They create boards so that I'm able to get a better sense of their aesthetic and taste.



What do you do when not pinning or blogging?
I love going on walks through the Presidio and taking a new trail to discover a new lookout point. I also enjoy cooking at night. It's my time to put away all the technology and rock out to some Mumford & Sons. During the baseball season I enjoy going to Giants game to support my hubbys team and of course I enjoy getting together with girlfriends.

As the name of your blog suggests you are a long time San Franciscan, what are some of your favorite things to do in this city, that always inspire you?
I've lived here for almost 9 years and still haven't done everything there is to do in San Francisco. But I do have a list of favorites. A day going to the Legion of Honor, followed by a walk along Lands End and then going to Outerlands for a bite to eat. If there's time I'd pop into the General Store for a little something special.

Last but not least who are a few of your favorite pinners?
I could list tons but my favorites are some close friends that have my eye and aesthetic . . .
Joslyn from Simple Lovely - all I can say about Joslyn is that she's awesome! I strive to be like her - she has an awesome career, family and style!
Jessica Comingore - her eye is impeccable 
Julie Goebel (my mom) - We have the same style and taste - sometimes I find myself pinning everything from her boards. 


1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

quantcast

2012. Powered by Blogger.

analyticstracking.php

conundrum All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger