Pintastic People: Camille Styles

Austin based lifestyle blogger, Camille Styles, posts some of the most inspiring and creative content on one of my favorite blogs, Camillestyles.com. Her eye for all things beautiful carries over seamlessly to her pinterest boards. Which is why I was thrilled to get a chance to ask her a couple questions about blogging, pinning and being a brand new mom.


How did you get started on pinterest?I heard about Pinterest from some blogger friends very soon after its launch, and I was hooked immediately. After years of tearing pages out of magazines that inspired me, then scanning them into my computer and trying to find a good way to keep thousands of images organized, I was beyond thrilled to discover a platform that helped me keep all my inspiration (and their original sources!) in one easily accessible place.

What are 3 of your favorite pins from this week?
Charoal outfit  //  cb2 bowl set  //  Peach and roasted fig salad with prosciutto, blue cheese and walnuts



You also have your lifestyle and entertaining blog Camille Styles, how did you get started with blogging?
I used to own an event planning company, and I launched my blog as a fun, creative side project. After a couple of years of writing, I began to define my voice in the blogosphere and gain a readership...and I discovered that blogging is really what I love to do! I decided to take the plunge and stop taking on event clients so I could focus 100% of my energies on blogging and media partnerships, and over the last couple of years we've built a team of 10 contributors who post original content on the site 2 - 3 times daily. It's been an incredible adventure and I feel so lucky to wake up every day being able to do what I love.

What are a few of your favorite sites to find inspiration for your blog and pinterest?
Oh Joy!, The Glow, 101 Cookbooks, Sacramento Street, 100 Layer Cake, Oh Happy Day, DesignLoveFest, This is Glamorous, Grown Up Shoes, The Effortless Chic.

In addition to blogging you also have an events planning business and recently welcomed baby Phoebe to your family! First off congrats! 2nd, how has being a new mom changed the way you work, if at all?
Thanks!! Being a mom has been everything I dreamed of and more. It's amazing how, although my workday is much shorter now (I'm with Phoebe every afternoon), I have become way more productive and really cherish those few uninterrupted hours of time in front of my computer each morning. I've also had to become much better at delegating, and I couldn't live without my talented assistant editor Chanel and brilliant art director Jenn. I'm incredibly thankful to have a team who I know will get it all done, and do a beautiful, creative job every time.

You currently call Austin home, what are your favorite local spots?
I'm "one of those people" who could go on and on about how amazing Austin is, from the exploding food scene, to the creative artist community, to the warm, casual vibe you encounter everywhere in the city. No trip to Austin is complete without tacos al pastor at Fonda San Miguel, latté's at Houndstooth or Café Medici, Bahn Mi at Elizabeth Street Café, gimlets at Drink.Well, oysters at Clark's and fresh pasta at Vespaio. Oh, and you can burn it all off with a shopping trip down South Congress or a run around Ladybird Lake.


What do you do when not pinning or blogging? 
Playing with my baby girl Phoebe, cooking dinners with my husband, styling photo shoots for clients, meeting up with girl friends for cocktails, and May - October, inviting friends for all-day pool parties on the weekends (almost that season!)

Last but not least who are a few of your favorite pinners? 
Besides you Maia, I love Erin from Apartment 34, Kate from Wit+Delight, Kathryn from Snippet & Ink, my assistant editor Chanel Dror, Sarah Tolzmann from Note to Self.


2 comments:

  1. Love this interview! I've been a fan of Camille Styles for a long time and her Pinterest feed is always inspiring.

    xo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! I've been a fan of Camille's for a long time as well so it was so much fun getting to know her a little better :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

quantcast

2012. Powered by Blogger.

analyticstracking.php

conundrum All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger