Baby on Board

After a long absence here on the blog, today I can finally share some HUGE news that I've been keeping secret - I’m pregnant!! 



We are ecstatic!! And looking forward to adding a little munchkin to our family, but to be honest, the pregnancy has been a bit of a nightmare so far. I’ve never been so ill in my life and was really unprepared for how difficult this has been. We found out we were pregnant about 7 weeks ago and around 6 weeks ago I started getting really ill. Within 2 weeks I had lost almost 10 pounds and ended up in the emergency room for an IV for severe dehydration. I’ll spare you all the gory details but what this has meant is I’ve spent about 6 weeks in bed barely able to eat anything and just trying to feel well enough to sit up and answer a few emails. I’ve had to take a huge step back from a lot of my responsibilities, including blogging, which is why you haven’t seen much of me here. Also with my design and art direction work, where I ended up turning away jobs, which has been really hard for me. I want to particularly thank everyone on the Rue team and all the extra hands that helped me with the last issue. The amount of extra help and support they have given me in the last several weeks has been amazing and very much appreciated.

I’m about to enter my 2nd trimester and from everything I’ve heard I will hopefully start feeling better soon. Until that happens I just hope you can all be patient with me. These first 12 weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions and hormonal changes :) It’s hard to explain how I can feel so terrible but also so happy at the same time. I’m sure those of you who have been pregnant can relate. Which is one of the reasons I’m so excited to be able to announce my news - I can finally get advice from other moms! One thing that has been so hard for me emotionally is feeling like I’m dealing with it alone and not being able to reach out to other mothers and ask them, did you go through this? what did you do? will I ever feel better?

I know I will eventually feel better and I know the light at the end of this tunnel will be one of the most amazing new chapters in my life, but for now I would appreciate your support and encouragement. My presence here will probably still be somewhat sporadic but I plan on being back soon.

Sincerely Maia


14 comments:

  1. Yay! Now the fun starts. Once you finally get to tell people you'll be amazed by the wealth of love and enthusiasm friends and family shower you with. I hope you start feeling better soon and get the support and connection you need from other mamas. Remember: I'm here and would love to talk anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so very happy for you and the hubby, Maia! xo, the Rue Team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Maia—you're going to make a stellar mom! Hoping you feel better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! So excited for you. Hoping you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! So excited for you! Crossing my fingers that this will go away with the second trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing a silly dance for you right now!! So so so excited for you two, and I'm praying the illness passes soon and you can dig right into the fun of pregnancy. Let me know if I can help in anyway, we're neighbors and I'm more than happy to bring something by if you need it! YAYA!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Maia!! I hope that the illness phase is a quick one, and I'm so glad that you have an AWESOME support system behind you all the way =) Can't wait to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow congratulations!! It's funny how we need the most support in those first 8-12 weeks but those are the times we can't reach out to anyone! It's so frustrating. I hope you start to feel more like yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I am so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feel better!! In this week we've working in great Babie's inspired boards. Check it!! Your social media and tips in Rue has inspired us to improve our job www.binomiodesign.org/blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Maia!! I'm so sorry to hear it's been tough thus far. I hope you are feeling better, connecting with other mothers, and taking time to rest! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to you and Travis, Maia!! Really happy for you both. Sorry it's been a rough wave so far. Take it one day at a time but keep your eye on the prize. This will all pass and before you know it, you'll have a beautiful baby (predicting a girl!) in your arms. This will be the most amazing and challenging experience of your life. Embrace it, girl! Let me know if I can help. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Maia! What wonderful news to share this time of year!
    So happy for you. Take one day at a time and just remember it's ALL TEMPORARY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

quantcast

2012. Powered by Blogger.

analyticstracking.php

conundrum All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger